FAQ – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A LITTLE CHEF BIRTHDAY?
– 2-3 dishes made from the best available, seasonal local ingredients (this is a cooking school after all!) – usually a main dish and a dessert
– A menu chosen from several options
– Older chefs (7 years +) can chose from different cuisines such as Italian, Indian or Japanese
– Instruction on how to cook the requested dishes, along with information on what ingredients are needed and how to cook them as well as cleaning up after cooking, serving the dishes and eating them together.
– Parties are ended with a birthday cake and a standard birthday song.
WHAT DAYS CAN BIRTHDAY PARTIES BE HELD?
– Saturday at 15:00 or 18:00
– Sunday at 11:00, 14:00 or 17:00
– During the work week in the afternoons. Details are worked out upon reservation.
HOW MUCH DO BIRTHDAY PARTIES COST?
A standard birthday party costs 900 PLN for 8 children. We ask that parents inform us of the number of attendees at least two days before the date of the event.
Little Chef Club Members enjoy a 5% discount.
HOW LONG ARE BIRTHDAY PARTIES?
Birthday parties are 2 hours long in a standard package.
HOW DO YOU RESERVE A BIRTHDAY PARTY?
– CONTACT us via telephone or email to check for availability
– Make a deposit of 300 PLN to the Little Chef Bank Account or pay the deposit in cash at Little Chef cooking school.
– Send us a confirmation email with the name and age of the Birthday boy or girl as well as the telephone number for his/her parents
* The deposit is non-refundable.
WHERE ARE THE BIRTHDAY PARTIES HELD?
– Parties are held in our headquarters in the Mokotow neighborhood of Warsaw (15 Tadeusza Rejtana St.) Our kitchens tailored to the needs of our varied clientele. Workbenches, ovens and stove tops are all built with our smallest chefs in mind, as well as adult cooks.
– Events can also be held in the homes of our participants, at restaurants, and outdoors.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS?
The maximum amount of children attending a birthday party is 30. There is some flexibility in this number – 2 or 3 children more children can be accommodated. We ask for the final number of participants to be confirmed 2 days before the party.
When parties are held outside of our Little Chef kitchen, the maximum number of children attending is determined by the nature of the venue and is agreed upon in advance
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM AGE OF PARTICIPANTS?
The minimum age is 4 years.
Children that are three years old are welcome to attend and participate with the supervision of their parent/s
WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL A BIRTHDAY PARTY AT THE LAST MINUTE?
The deposit fee is non-refundable. We strive to find a different date as soon as possible.
DOES THE PRICE OF THE EVENT COVER INGREDIENTS AND BEVERAGES?
Yes. The price of a standard party includes all the groceries and beverages during the course of the event. At Little Chef, our students drink water or milk. We offer juice at request. We never offer carbonated beverages – we would rather make our own lemonade 🙂
CAN WE ORDER A BIRTHDAY CAKE AND CANDLES?
Yes. We make our own chocolate cake, as well as whipped cream and meringue cakes and apple pies by request.
WHAT IF SOME OF THE CHILDREN/GUESTS HAVE DIETARY RESTRICTIONS SUCH AS VEGETARIAN/GLUTEN-FREE/KOSHER/HALAL/LACTOSE-FREE ETC?
We try to accommodate all of our clients’ needs. We ask for as much advanced notice of any dietary restrictions as possible so that we can plan the event with such needs in mind.
CAN WE PAY WITH A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD?
No. We ask that the remainder of the price of the event be paid in cash at the time of the event.
ARE CHILDREN GIVEN APRONS AT THE TIME OF THE PARTY?
Yes. Aprons and chefs’ hats can also be bought for the guests to take home.
DO THE PARENTS STAY FOR THE BIRTHDAY PARTY?
Parents do not participate in the birthday party. Appetizers and drinks for parents can be ordered ahead of time. These arrangements are finalized after we establish a time for the event and receive the deposit for the party.
CAN THE PARENTS TASTE THE FOOD THAT THE CHILDREN PREPARED DURING THE PARTY?
If there are any leftovers, then parents are welcome to taste the food their children prepared. Unfortunately, most of the time, there are only crumbs leftover 🙂
IF THERE A PLACE FOR PARENTS TO WAIT FOR THEIR CHILDREN DURING THE COURSE OF THE BIRTHDAY PARTY?
Yes. We have a waiting area with couches and tea and coffee available for parents while they wait.
CAN WE TAKE ANY LEFTOVERS HOME WITH US AFTER THE BIRTHDAY PARTY?
Due to regulations that we have to abide by, all food cooked by the children on our premises can only be eaten on site.